Four day seminar on development for Android & iPhone
Four day seminar / tutorial / crash course on development for (mostly) Android and (very little) iPhone.
Day 1: Introduction & Motivation
- Motivation Android / iPhone
- Market / AppStore versions, differences
- Difference iOS / Google Play
- What makes a successful app? (Based on personal experience and analysis from Google Play)
Day 2: Theory & Practice
- Development systems / toolchains
- Java development with Eclipse / Android SDK
- Essential files
- How does a minimal app look?
- Excursion: Emulator
- Sensors and how they are controlled
- OpenGL short overview
- Upload / make apps available (also for testers)
Day 3: Hello World
- Apps programming in small groups. The apps will use different sensors and different tasks.
- We will develop simple apps as far as they can be done with Java only
Day 4: Completion
- Presentation of the results (& each app will be tested on all other test devices ...)
- Outlook on Augmented Reality, future developments